Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nerves

It's not easy, you know. I try to keep my smile on, and retain the demeanor of a confident professional at all times, but I don't think anyone knows how much work that is. I've got a bulletin board that is a running to-do list. It is literally dripping with tasks to be completed. I've got to try to fix my tumbler (finishing machine) with a broken belt by the end of the week so that the necklace I just finished will have the same shine as the others. Why the end of the week? I'm driving to Maryland this weekend for the Gunpowder River Artfest.
And it's funny how nervous I am. Always, before a show, I am nervous. You wouldn't know it if you saw me there. Nails polished, and dressed my best, my job at the show is to put others at ease so that they feel comfortable buying. I can't be a nervous wreck. It is bad business. So here it is two days before, and I am wrestling my burning ball of nerves into a tiny box, locking it twice and swallowing the key.
Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Layne, It's Sarah. :) Nerves can be paralyzing. But you have nothing to worry about - you have mad skillz!!! Btw: Sent you a message on facebook.

    And on a completely unrelated note: If you going to a local show and need a helper, I'd be more than happy to tag along...help with setup, a little company .. to calm the nerves maybe? :) Let me know. I'd be excited to help.

    ReplyDelete